I am so friggen bored

Thank god I got my BFF my "internet" to keep me entertain until I decide to call it a night and go to bed. Usually this time of the night is when I roam aimlessly through the blogosphere to find "cool" things. Well after reading up Jake Davis blog (who is one of those dudes with a gazillion "slashes" next to his name so I won't even get into what he does...that's your job to find out). Anyways as I was saying, after that I took a quick glance over at TREND LAND and I found these.

MOVIE ILLUSTRATIONS
by
JUSTIN REED
[images taken from: http://cyanatrendland.com/]

Jaws

Fight Club

Pulp Fiction

The Dark Knight

American Psycho

From TREND LAND
Vermont based Illustrator Justin Reed seems to have quite a collection of killer illustrations of the most classic films in history under his sleeve, but it seems as though has has not really been sharing them with the public. Its seems there will be upcoming opportunity to get your hands on a few original illustrations which were commissioned for a group show at the APW Gallery in New York. He has done 5 works based on 5 films for the show. The five films are Taxi Driver, The Godfather, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Casablanca and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They were done with acrylic on 100% Cotton paper, measuring 5.5 x 9 inches. They will each be priced at $150.00.

These babies are too sweet, if I got the dough I would copp these with the quickness. But they will serve as eye candy just for now.

BONUS

Here's a look at the process from sketch to final.
[images taken from: http://justinreedart.blogspot.com/]

The sketch:

Applying paint to the canvas:

With the canvas covered, I can concentrate on the background:

Getting into the details:

Hours and hours later we have a finished painting:

The final painting measures 20 x 47 inches, acrylic on canvas.

0 Comments: