Overdose On Life Presents: Not The Remix...Baby

Overdose On Life Presents: Not The Remix...Baby
(click link or image to download)

1. Patron Tequila (Remix) - Paradiso Girls feat. Eve & Lil' Jon
2. Love Game (Chester French & Clinton Sparks Remix) - Lady GaGa
3. You'll Find A Way (Switch & Sinden Remix) - Santogold
4. Shut the Phunk Up (Censored Knee Deep Remix of "Shut Up") - Black Eye Peas
5. The Kids Aren't Alright (Wise Guys Remix) - The Offspring
6. Dope Boy Fresh (Jockin' Jay-Z) (Travis Barker Remix) - Jay-Z
7. Keep Your Hands Off My Girl (Remix) - Good Charlotte
8. This Love (Christopher "Tricky" Stewart Remix) - Maroon 5
9. Love Lockdown (White Chokolate Remix) - Kanye West
10. Vermillion Part 2 (Bloodstone Remix) - Slipknot
11. Shuv It (Remix) - Santogold feat. Three 6 Mafia & Project Pat
12. I Want Those Flashing Lights - Colin Munroe
13. Pop The Glock (Original Mix) - Uffie
14. Impacto (Remix) - Daddy Yankee feat. Fergie
15. Lovers In Japan (Osaka Sun Mix) - Coldplay
16. Fire Superman (Mike Cash Mashup) - Santogold & Lil' Wayne

A close friend of me has been telling me to start making mixtape for her, since she is kind of lost in terms of music. Since taking her to a club for my birthday last year, she told me she had no idea what half of the songs playing were. So yeah a year later I finally remember my promise of making "the mixtape".

The whole process of putting a mixtape together is a lot tougher than I had originally thought. From gathering songs, to trimming down the list and putting the tracks in an order that would make sense. Long story short, this took a while to finish.

After hours of listening and going through different themes and genres. I decided to make this first one solely based on "Remixes". The name "Not The Remix...Baby" came from well...Lil' Wayne because whenever he jumps on a remix he'll go "It's the remix baby" like we don't know it's the remix. As for the song selection, I tried to keep it fresh by keeping the remixes that are featured as CD singles, B-sides, or bonus tracks. So it's not the remixes that you would hear on the radio everyday thus adding the title of "Not The Remix". Also I made sure it's an absolute remix not just the same beat with dozens of features (with the exception of the first track). As for the order of the track list, this was the most difficult step because I wanted this to flow well and not just jump from track from track. When you listen to it, you'll notice it starts strong with a party anthem type of song then it gradually slows down for a few slower tempo songs then it picks back up again for a strong finish. Finally for the artwork, I had no idea what to do with it and it frustrated me a bit because it was the only thing in the way of me finishing and uploading this whole thing. As you can see I played around with a picture of Santogold (now Santigold), I love her music and it's evident as she's featured on three tracks.

Anyways this is now done, I already listened to this like a gabillion times during the whole process. So give it a listen, I tried to make it for everybody to enjoy so...enjoy it. Feedback is always welcome. Thanks

1 Comments:

skinofalion said...

dvid i'm not lost in music, we just hve different preferences ;)